Class Times & Rooms
- Lecture: 13.15 – 15.00 (HG D1.2)
- Exercise: 10.15 – 12.00 (HG G3)
Exam Time & Room
- May 27th – 10.00am – 1.00pm (HG E7) (information)
- HG E26.1 (The environment provided by these computers is similar to the exam environment.)
Course Moodle (For Homework Submission)
Discussion Board / Questions
- Lecture recordings password: hpcse2019
- ETH video portal recordings: https://www.video.ethz.ch/lectures/d-mavt/2019/spring/151-0116-10L.html (User: kou-19s, Password: 3EtM9hv)
Schedule and Lecture Slides
Textbooks & Recommended Reads
- Kowarschik, M. and Weiß, C., An overview of cache optimization techniques and cache-aware numerical algorithms.
- G. Strang – Multigrid Tutorial: http://math.mit.edu/classes/18.086/2006/am63.pdf
Parallel Programming in MPI and OpenMP, V. Eijkhout.
- CUDA C Programming Guide, NVIDIA
CUDA by example, J. Sanders and E. Kandrot
Data Analysis: A Bayesian Tutorial, Devinderjit Sivia
A Multigrid Tutorial, 2nd Edition. Briggs, Henson, McCormick.
Iterative methods for linear systems. Chris H. Rycroft, 2007.
Introduction to High Performance Computing for Scientists and Engineers, G. Hager and G. Wellein, CRC Press, 2011
Computer Organization and Design, D.H. Patterson and J.L. Hennessy
- HPC tutorial at LLNL – Blaise Barney
- SC15 Tutorial Preview Videos
- Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing
- C++ lecture notes: Basics, Templates, Classes
For Windows users
- PuTTY: a simple free SSH client for Windows
- WinSCP: for copying files between Windows and Euler
- Cygwin: Linux-like environment on Windows (Installation hints)