Student projects listed in the CSE Lab are highly interdisciplinary, integrating scientific and engineering problems with Computer Science and Mathematics.
The Classification below lists the emphasis of the project and they can be adapted depending on the student background and interests.
- Lateral Migration of Bubbles in Channel Flow (Sergey L., Ursula R.)
- Machine Learning Algorithms: Optimal Motion of Interacting Swimmers (Sid V.)
- Investigation of Damage Potential in Cloud Cavitation Collapse Simulations (Jonas S.)
- Computational fluid dynamics in collaboration with industry (Jens W.)
- Heat Transfer across a Solid-Liquid Interface (Dmitry A.)
- Nanodroplets Transport in Carbon Nanotubes (Dmitry A.)
- Evaluating Computational Models of Water with Molecular Dynamics (Dmitry A.)
- Snowflakes with Molecular Dynamics (Dmitry A.)
- Improving Monte Carlo Simulations with Pharmacokinetics applications (Wu S.)
- Multi-level Simulation Algorithm for Stochastic Biological Systems (Jonas S.)
- Parallel Uncertainty Quantification and Optimization Framework (Panos H.)
- Creating a Motion Tracking Setup for Interactive Scientific Visualization (Sid V.)
- Improving CMA-ES: Efficient Retrieval of Landscape Hessian (Lina K.)